Saturday, August 17, 2013

2013 Fantasy Trade #1: Rory and Matt switch up stud backs


Every season there seems to be a trade between the draft and the actual season. With that said, I'm not sure we've ever seen one of this magnitude. Rory and Matt decided to swap two of the best running backs in the NFL. Here's how the deal went down and what I think about it:

Rory Linton Received:

RB Doug Martin

Matt McCarthy Received:

RB Marshawn Lynch

Rory's Perspective:

Rory had a shot on draft day to grab Martin and I was shocked he didn't. I personally think he was drinking the Seattle Seahawks kool-aid which seems to be popular in Wisconsin due to Russell Wilson. Sure, this team made the playoffs last year and have an amazing defense, doesn't mean they are Super Bowl bound. It also doesn't mean their offense is one of the best in the league because it's not.

Matt's Perspective:

Pretty sure Matt has owned Lynch in the past and has a soft spot for a running back who has amassed 3,200 yards over the last two seasons. He'll continue to be the workhorse in Seattle, but he doesn't have nearly the upside of Martin.

Advantage: I give the edge to Rory because I had Martin as my second-overall rated player in our type of league. Like I said before, I feel Matt had one of the biggest steals in the first round and now has traded it for Lynch who I think was being drafted a little too high. Matt sided with safety over upside, a move that could backfire if Martin has the big year everyone is predicting him to.

What did you think of the trade involving Martin and Lynch? Let me know by commenting below.

No comments:

Post a Comment