Saturday, November 3, 2012

2012 Fantasy Trade #5: Robert Finds Some Running Back Help With Alex Green


A lot of fantasy players don't know this, but there is a fantasy trade deadline. The important date comes on Wednesday, November 21st at 1:00 PM CT. With only a couple of weeks left, Trader's Tradeables decided to get the running back help he needed from Brady-TRON. Here's how the deal went down:

Trader's Tradeables (Robert Trader) Received:

RB Alex Green

Brady-TRON (Nick Grays) Received:

TE Greg Olson

Robert's Perspective: Coming into the week, Robert's only starting running back was Ahmad Bradshaw. You can understand why he really wanted to pursue a trade for a running back. At 5-3 and currently in the 5th playoff spot, he probably feels like he needs to win each and every week.

Nick's Perspective: I'm also at 5-3 and in the sixth playoff spot, so each week is fairly critical for me. There's three reasons I made this deal. First, my tight end Jared Cook had been a slight disappointment because of how badly the Titans use him. Secondly, Cook has a bye week coming up and I needed another tight end anyways. Thirdly, I love Olson's match-up this week against a Redskins team who gives up a lot of production to opposing tight ends.

Advantage: To be fair, I think Robert got the better deal because he received a player who will get way more touches. As many of you know, I cover the Packers for The Sports Bank and I have been let down by Green who failed to have a good game against a bad Jaguars team. There's still hope, but Olson helps my team become more complete. Trading a player I probably wasn't going to start for the rest of the year was the true motive here.

What did you think of the deal? Let me know by commenting below.

No comments:

Post a Comment