Wednesday, October 24, 2012

2012 Fantasy Trade #4: Calvin Johnson Not Living Up to Expecations, So He's Shipped


Some couples go out on romantic dates, Kari and I make fantasy trades. Brady-Tron (my team's new name) sent two players to Kari-Tron (old name, assuming she will change) in a blockbuster trade on Wednesday.

Kari-Tron (Kari Klitzman) Received:

RB Ryan Mathews
WR Brandon Lloyd

Brady-Tron (Nick Grays) Received:

WR Calvin Johnson
RB Alex Green

Kari's Perspective: To be honest, this was a desperation move on her part. She's upset with Megatron's humanly 10.5 fantasy points a game and she has an underwhelming 2-5 record. With the Cowboys' DeMarco Murray currently out with an injury, Kari is sick and tired of relying on a handful of waiver wire pick-ups for production. Mathews recently shed off a timeshare with Jackie Battle and appears to be the Chargers' workhorse for the rest of the season. I gave her a choice of any of my running backs and I think she made the right one.

Nick's Perspective: Seeing that I gave her a choice of any running back, I'll admit it, I have a man-crush on Johnson. I think he's without a doubt the best receiver in the game and just needs Matthew Stafford to accurately pass him the ball. My love for Johnson aside, I had way too many starting running backs (I also own Doug Martin, Alfred Morris and Jamaal Charles) and needed some WR depth. With a 5-2 record, I can afford to make a change and try to set up myself for my first championship.

Advantage: I think it would be easy to say I have the advantage because I have the better fantasy team, but when you consider the fact that Kari pulled Brandon Lloyd who I did not want to trade, she received a fare deal. When healthy, both Johnson and Mathews are first/second round fantasy talent and Lloyd is a much better player than the Packers unproven Alex Green.

What did you think of the deal? Let me know by commenting below.


No comments:

Post a Comment