Monday, August 13, 2012

2012 Fantasy Trade #1: Nick G. and Kari swap possible sleeper running backs


In the midst of the fifth annual draft, our first trade occurred in pretty simple fashion between My Savior Brady (Nick Grays) and Kari-Tron (Kari Klitzman). Last season actually saw an earlier trade with draft picks being swapped, but most people were hesitant to move up in the draft this year. Here's how the very first trade went down:

My Savior Brady Received:
RB Taiwan Jones

Kari-Tron Received:
RB Jacquizz Rodgers

Nick's Perspective:
I made a big mistake in the 12th round when I picked Rodgers because three of my running backs (Ryan Mathews, Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hills) all share the same week seven bye week as Rodgers. Kari and I both had Rodgers on our sleeper lists, so I told her to grab another guy on my list and I would make the trade with her.

Kari's Perspective:
Because Rodgers made Kari's sleeper list, she without a doubt wanted to make the deal. Here, Kari is getting a guy who will probably see the field on a minimal basis with Michael Turner healthy.

Advantage: Kari (She received a running back a lot more likely to see the field)

What did you think of the first trade this season? Let me know by commenting below!




No comments:

Post a Comment