Friday, September 16, 2011

2011 Fantasy Trade #3: Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood Finds That Lower Tier Running Back















By: Nick Grays, League Commissioner

This is technically the third trade of the year, but the first trade involving actual fantasy players as the first two trades involved the swapping of draft picks. As publicized, I was looking for a running back to fill in for the ailing RB Steven Jackson and Banana Fosters (Kari Klitzman) had a few chilling on her bench for the right price.

Banana Fosters Received:
WR Malcolm Floyd
Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood Received:
RB Danny Woodhead

Banana Fosters Perspective: Like I said, Kari was in possession of three extra backs (a real gem in our a deep league) and desperately needed depth at the wide-receiver position. She's not quite sure if Dwayne Bowe is going to live up to his draft position (1 point in week one) and would like some insurance behind him. Floyd adds just that as he's the third option in the Chargers passing attack led by fantasy-stud Philip Rivers. He recently received the most targets in their week one match-up with the Vikings. This really was a perfect situation for Kari and a perfect example of why it never hurts to have too many running backs.

Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood Perspective: Dealing with Steven Jackson's ridiculous situation (injured his quad after a 47-yard TD on his first carry), I was forced to turn to the waiver wire and found out that there are absolutely no running backs available. Moreover, I found out that I really was wrong about RB Ryan Grant because teammate James Starks does look like the better option. That leaves me with almost nothing at RB while Jackson is out (should be back in Week 3), so I made it an initiative that I would go out and get a lower tier RB. I made an offer for the New England Patriot, Danny Woodhead, because the team appears to have a very potent offense which could benefit my fantasy team.

Advantage: Banana Fosters for the simple fact that she is upgrading her bench while I'm desperately filling in my starting line-up with a lower tier RB.

Who do you think got the better end of the deal? Let me know by commenting below!

1 comment:

  1. I only read this because it says Mr. Rodger's neighborhood
    -J Bohn

    ReplyDelete