Saturday, August 13, 2011

2011 Fantasy Trade #1: Team Grays and Arthur's Arsenal Swap Draft Picks!


By: Nick Grays, League Commissioner

ESPN decided to add the feature of draft pick trades in 2011 and it didn't take long for our league to take advantage of the new opportunity. As usual, Robert Trader and Johnny Rymaszewski approached me with an offer and I took it. Here's what went down in the deal:

Team Grays Received:
2nd Round Draft Pick (16th Overall)
4th Round Draft Pick (44th Overall)

Arthur's Arsenal Received: 
2nd Round Draft Pick (25th Overall)
3rd Round Draft Pick (32nd Overall)
 

Team Grays' Perspective: I decided to go with the fourth pick overall and by doing so, I received a low pick in the second round. My idea by moving up to the 16th overall spot is to grab two elite players. I should be able to do so, but will miss out on second-tier players with my absence in the third round. If I can hit on my two elites, it should be a risk worth taking.

Arthur's Arsenal's Perspective: A depth move here. While they are giving up a shot at another elite player, they feel confident on getting more players in the second tier. Not a bad strategy seeing that they get a total of four players in the first three rounds, something no other team can say right now.

Advantage: Push (We're talking draft picks)

Is this trade pointless or is strategy really that important in fantasy? Let me know by commenting below.

2 comments:

  1. What do I have to do to trade for pick for the one in front of the draft board at top of page. Not sure what I am going for but will think of something. Was in Cleveland for Browns,Packers game. Young Colt and Payton bringing hope to Browns fans. Yes I wore my Browns hat and shirt over my Packers for this game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nice Mike. In order to trade, just go to the team of interest and choose propose trade located near the top.

    Colt McCoy looked really good last night. Was zipping throws in with ease.

    ReplyDelete