Friday, March 11, 2011

Wisconsin Badgers Jordan Taylor Named to Final Five for Cousy Award



By: Nick Grays, Senior Editor at The Sports Bank
Earlier this season,the Wisconsin Badgers Jordan Taylor wasn't even a Cousy Award Finalist until he was added after much controversy.

Funny how things change as the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame named Taylor to the final five on Thursday.

Taylor joins Cleveland State's Norris Cole, BYU's Jimmer Fredette, Duke's Nolan Smith and Connecticut's Kemba Walker as the final five candidates for the prestigious award given out to the nation's top point guard.

"I'm humbled and honored to be on a list with these other great point guards," said Taylor. "One of my high school coaches used to talk about Bob Cousy all the time and tell me how he was the greatest player ever. I'm sure he'd be proud that my name is in the same sentence as Bob Cousy. I know I am."

Continue reading the article by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment