Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week One Fantasy Predictions from Nick and Chad!

Nick's Record: (0-0 overall) (0-0 in points predictions) = 0 points
Chad's Record: (0-0 overall) (0-0 in points predictions) = 0 points

*Lines are subject to change due to substitutions and changes in projections

The Rippin and the Tearin (Rory Linton) (0-0) vs. Team Grays (Nick Grays) (0-0)

Line: Team Grays -5
Outlook: Here's one of the better match-ups of the week (I'm not just saying that because it involves me), but it's evenly matched and contains some big-boppers in Ray Rice (pictured above) and Randy Moss. I'm not a huge fan of the projections in the first week because I think almost every player is valued high, but nonetheless, this could be a back and forth match-up and could very well come down to Jets D/ST and Ravens' kicker Billy Cundiff (both owned by Rory) on Monday Night. However, don't forget how the previously mentioned Rice also plays on Monday Night for Team Grays.

Nick's Prediction: Team Grays starts out the year perfect at 1-0 behind the Monday Night Hero Ray Rice! (Can I pick against myself in the first week? Don't think so.)

Chad's Prediction: Team Grays

Team Merrill (Seth Merill) (0-0) vs. Team Szmanda (Jason Szmanda) (0-0)

Line: Team Merrill -33
Outlook: Here's a battle of the new guys. Let's see if Jason's multi-million dollar or first-overall pick (same thing in fantasy) will pay off. If Rodgers eclipses twenty points, I can't see why that wouldn't be a success. The only problem is that Team Merrill is supposed to go off with the league's highest overall projection of the week. Cutler at twenty may be slightly high, but with six other guys expected to reach double-digits, it's kind of scary. Team Szmanda's Thomas Jones with a projection of only two is kind of weird; I see him being a bigger part of that offense than that regardless of Jamaal Charles getting most of the carries.

Nick's Prediction: Seth will continue to be happy as he has been in the last month by reeling off unbelievable drafts like they're nothing! He wins fairly easily.

Chad's Predictions: Team Merrill

Team Klitzman (Kari Klitzman) (0-0) vs. Team Grande (Anthony Grande) (0-0)

Line: Team Grande -4
Outlook: The returning champion Team Klitzman didn't get an easy match-up in week one, that's for sure. An interesting dynamic here is Kari facing her best player last season in Grande's Andre Johnson. Good thing she has to work Sunday because I have feeling Johnson will be reaching the end zone at least once this weekend. The key here is running backs, Anthony needs a huge game from Pierre Thomas on Thursday night and I'm not sure that will happen. The Minnesota Vikings' defense against the run is one of the best and Kari's three-headed monster of Frank Gore, Ryan Mathews and Felix Jones is probably the best in the league. Another interesting dynamic to this match-up is Jones vs. Anthony's Marion Barber; who's getting more carries?

Nick's Prediction: Team Klitzman by a sliver because Ryan Mathews impresses in his rookie debut on Monday night.

Chad's Prediction: Team Klitzman

Team Breiby (Chad Breiby) (0-0) vs. Vader Time (Joe Selbo) (0-0)

Line: Vader Time -1
Outlook: An awesome thing about Chad's team is how he has a heated rivalry with just about anyone because everyone wants to beat him. It's quite fascinating how some participant's primary goal for the season is to beat this one opponent. I know Joe is quite pumped for this weekend and I think it will pay off in good fashion. I expect Steven Jackson to score a majority of the Ram's touchdowns this season since he only reached paydirt 4 times last season. Team Breiby could be in trouble if Maroney doesn't play because he lacks depth at the position and Anquan Boldin will visit Revis Island on Monday Night. Luckily for Chad, he can make the switch if Maroney is declared inactive for Sunday's game.

Nick's Prediction: Joe will enter Sunday with as much excitement as Big Van Vader entered with during the Royal Rumble back in 1996. Vader Time wasn't victorious in his WWF debut, but Joe's team will be!

Chad's Prediction: Vader Time (What the heck, I make my picks before I see Chad's picks)

Harwood's Howitzers (Tim Harwood) (0-0) vs. Team Lowenberg (Nick Lowenberg) (0-0)

Line: Team Lowenberg -1
Outlook: Another heated rivalry between two guys who have a little history. The projections are about right on this one because it should be pretty darn good. I like Tim's Matt Forte and Santana Moss this week as well as Nick's Adrian Peterson and Roddy White. However, I have a feeling Tim has something to prove this week and is thinking upset all the way. Additionally, I've said it before; I'm not a huge fan of starting both Dolphins backs against a underrated Buffalo Bills defense (not that he had any other choice this week).

Nick's Prediction: Harwood's Howitzers proves Chad wrong by beating Chad's so-called "favorite" team this season. My upset special of the week!

Chad's Prediction: Team Lowenberg

Team McCarthy (Matt McCarthy) (0-0) vs. Team Szombatfalvy (Mike Szombatfalvy) (0-0)

Line: Team Szombatfalvy -18
Outlook: Szombat isn't messing around in week one as he owns the top-projection in Chris Johnson's 28 and is also the only fantasy owner with three projections of 20+. Everyone knows my feelings on Mike's Miles Austin, so I won't go down that road, but I'm not sure if Team McCarthy's team is healthy enough for this match-up this week. With four guys banged up, Matt needs to heavily rely on Tom Brady and Michael Turner to have huge weeks. In my opinion, Matt's Percy Harvin and C.J. Spiller are over-hyped and have an increased chance of disappointing in week one in fantasy terms.

Nick's Prediction: Chris Johnson keeps flying at high speeds en route to Szombat's first win of the season.

Chad's Prediction: Team Szombatfalvy

Team Lee (Isaac Lee) (0-0) vs. Bobby's Bad-Asses (Robert Trader) (0-0)

Line: Team Lee -12
Outlook: Lastly, but certainly not least, this match-up could be the most intriguing of them all. After Isaac's Brandon Jacobs has been basically left for dead, Robert's QB Chad Henne fairs about the same after his awful preseason. This battle is going to come down to an unexpected performance from someone like Lee's Reshard Mendenhall or Trader's Pierre Garcon. I like Mendenhall to scorch the Falcons as their less-than-stellar rush defense allowed fifteen touchdowns last season.

Nick's Prediction: Team Lee won't be the little Asian sleeping in the library this weekend as I'm almost certain he will be glued to the the television screen as he wins my match-up of the week.

Chad's Prediction: Bobby's Bad-Asses in Chad's Upset of the Week

Point Predictions (Worth two points a piece)

Nick's Prediction: I think the fact that Seth and Team Merrill could bring up the argument of why he didn't win "Best Draft," and this mysterious knee injury to Maurice Jones-Drew has me torn this week, but I guess I'll stay with the favorite and pick him as highest scored. For lowest I'll go with Team Breiby because I think he's in a sticky situation this week.
Recap: Highest (Team Merrill) and Lowest (Team Breiby)

Chad's Predictions: Highest (Team Lowenberg) and Lowest (Team Linton)

Have a beef with these predictions? Let Chad and I know by commenting below. Also feel free to comment with insight or predictions of your own!

3 comments:

  1. Even though Chad Henne had a terible preseason doesn't mean hes guarnteed to have a bad season. I beleive he is going to have a great week 1 and an even better year. Also bobby's badasses is a no brainer over team lee this week.

    John Rymaszewski

    co-owner Bobby's Bad-asses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard John. I agree with your statement and was a fan of Henne going into the season. However, I feel his match-up with an underrated Bills' secondary is not an easy one at all. I think the Dolphins will pull the game out, but Henne will have mediocre numbers. As far as the fantasy math-up goes, I think it will be close! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support Nick. It was a tough week one for me and Bob due to the injuries of Ryan Grant, and Kevin Kolb. But we’ll survive; I just hope Chad Henne can at least produce some points until I can rotate a different starter in.

    ReplyDelete