Thursday, May 13, 2010

Couple of Wisconsin Related Tidbits!

1.) Tucker's Return To Wisconsin: The former Wisconsin Badger and College All-American will be joining the Milwaukee Bucks this summer in Las Vegas! After disappointing stints in Phoenix and Minnesota, Tucker is an unrestricted free agent trying to find his fit in the NBA. What does this mean for the Bucks? Not much in my opinion, I would love to see Tucker get a job in the NBA, but he doesn't appear to have that NBA talent, despite his spectacular college career. Moreover, Tucker just doesn't have the size at 6 foot 6 to play at the 3 or 4 spot. Tucker should be optimistic though, if summer ball doesn't work out, go play in Europe, he would be a great fit overseas.

2.) Wisconsin Men's Basketball Team Draws The Wolfpack: Weird right, more Badger College Basketball news? In next year's ACC/Big Ten Challenge, the Badgers will welcome the North Carolina State Wolfpack to the Kohl Center on Wednesday, December 1st. Your initial thoughts may be easy win, but not so fast, this NC State team will be pretty good! They return four seniors, including their leading scorer Tyler Smith, a NBA talent-esque player (16.5 points and 7.3 rebounds per game last year). Coach Sidney Lowe has to feel great about his chances next year, this is a team that won six of their last nine games last year in an underrated ACC conference who fared well in the NCAA tournament to say the least. Most people may not be excited by this match-up, but don't let last year's teams fool you, this will be a great one in Madison, I can't wait!

3.) Ned Yost Back To Managing: I might lose half of my audience by posting this one, but I don't care, I don't have this internal hatred towards Ned Yost like most Milwaukee Brewers fans have. I say congrats to Yost for acquiring the manager position with the Kansas City Royals, it may not be the best job in baseball, but it's a job! I'm not going to heavily analyze this move because most people won't read it if I do, but I will mention that I was excited to hear the news of Yost getting the job through a text from one of my roommates!

4.) Fielder's Value Diminishing: 0.254 with 4 homeruns, let's get going buddy, enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment